The main HSE objectives promoted by Cogent are:
- The identification, mitigation and prevention of any health and safety risks for all employees involved in Cogent’s office and on-site activities.
- The preservation of the environment in Cogent’s office and our on-site activities.
- The development of an effective awareness on HSE matters in Cogent founded on communication, continuous dialog and feedback from the company’s employees.
- Fit for purpose safety & environmental requirements are implemented from the start in all design and engineering projects performed by Cogent, that are safe for the personnel and the environment to build, install, operate, maintain & decommission.
- Communication with clients so that we will achieve their expectations on HSE matters.
To achieve the objectives of this policy, Cogent has developed and is continuously upgrading its HSE Management System such that:
- The occupational health, safety and environmental management objectives are achieved and adapted whenever required to comply with new legal requirements, or to suit a new field of activities
- The health, safety and security of all resources working for Cogent, make them aware of any threat and continuously improve their working conditions
The HSE Manager is appointed by the President to develop, maintain, control and disseminate Cogent’s HSE Management System.
Each Project Manager and Project Lead is responsible for its correct implementation by the Project Team, throughout the performance of the work. In turn, all employees are responsible to implement HSE requirements within their own work and to make every effort in order to prevent injury and risks to themselves and to others.
All conditions considered to have an adverse effect on quality of health, safety or environment shall be reported to Cogent’s senior management team, analysed and corrected systematically.
Bijan Shams, President